There’s likely more than three good reasons to become an engineer – however, this advice aimed at those young in their careers highlights a few selling points for a career in engineering. Not surprisingly – the pay is on the list.
According to Careerealism, 3 Great Reasons Why You Should Become an Engineer:
- You’ll be in demand: experts are forecasting 11% growth in demand for engineers over the next 10 years – with many current engineers retiring. Companies will be looking for your talent.
- You’ll get paid well: in the US, the median starting salary for an engineer straight out of school is over $53k – one of the highest paying Bachelor’s degrees
- You’ll get to change the world: combining creative and technical skills, engineers have the chance to stay ahead of the curve and create new solutions to seemingly impossible challenges.
We’d like to know – has this been your experience? Would you recommend engineering as a career to a high school grad? We’d be interested to hear your comments below.
Latest posts by Scott Russell Dempster
- 4 Recruitment Resolutions for 2018 - January 5, 2018
- The Most In-Demand Engineering Jobs in Canada - October 3, 2017
- Working out the “Why?” – Stewardship Council Update - October 3, 2017