COVID-19 Contact Tracer
Are you ready to help fight the spread of Covid-19? Alberta Health Services is hiring hundreds of additional Contact Tracers to beat back the second wave.
In this phone-based, work-from-home position you will call people (contacts) who have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person (tracing) and give them guidance and support on self-isolation and testing.
Using your experience in working with the public, you will provide empathetic communication while keeping precise records and complete confidentiality. Accurate data is a critical tool in managing the public health outcomes of COVID-19, and your work will contribute directly to the success of our management of this pandemic.
There are multiple positions and a variety of shifts available. This is a full-time, temporary position (6-month contract) for Alberta Health Services, and paid between $27.55 per hour. You will be provided with all the technology and systems you will need to work remotely.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Call lists of people exposed to a COVID-19 positive person.
- Verify the contact’s identity prior to disclosing confidential information.
- Notify the contact of their exposure and provide COVID-19 health education.
- Employ dynamic interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing to build rapport with contacts of varied backgrounds.
- Provide approved information and guidance on self-isolation procedures and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Provide information for testing, healthcare, and other supportive services, as needed, per local protocols.
- Communicate in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved.
- Conduct daily check-ins to assess signs/symptoms via locally designated method.
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system.