Our client a leader in the Nuclear industry is currently seeking a Commission Lead The details are as follows:
The Commissioning Lead is accountable for development and execution of commissioning packages for modifications performed.
This includes all aspects of commissioning such as initiating, planning, implementing and monitoring all stages of the commissioning phase of a project from inception to final close out.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce Commissioning Packages, including procedures, logic diagram and commissioning specifications and objectives.
- Perform pre-commissioning field inspections.
- Work with modification design staff, as required, to develop commissioning package.
- Work with Project Lead for modification to develop commissioning package and to schedule commissioning activities to support overall project plan.
- Identify resource requirements to support commissioning.
- Develop integrated, logically-tied, resource-loaded schedule.
- Provide oversight and input to safe work planning including impacts to nuclear safety, radiation safety, conventional safety and environmental safety.
- Integrate commissioning tasks into station work control processes.
- Provide oversight of station support related to commissioning execution including documentation and training of station staff.
- Ensure project is integrated with station processes as required such as MS-1, MS-2, MA-2 and MA-3.
- Monitor field execution to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Track deficiencies identified in commissioning phase through to completion.
- Prepare final report of commissioning activities.
- Oversee turnover of modification to Operations.
- Expeditiously close-out Commissioning Package.
- Assist with continuous improvement of commissioning processes and procedures.
- Document and distribute lessons learned.
- Participate or lead incident investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Implement the corrective management process.
- Provide support to other Commissioning Leads, as required.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering with two (2) years field experience
- Engineering field experience in excess of two (2) years.
- Commissioning experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio and SAP.
- Nuclear experience is a strong asset.
- Experience with writing procedures for field execution considered an asset.
Evaluated Key Competencies
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective planning, work scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate many activities and work with deadlines.
- Able to manage conflict resolution in an effective and timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow effective interaction with project team, stakeholders and supplemental personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Leadership ability including effective decision making and facilitation.
- Ability to prioritize multiple and conflicting assigned tasks to meet schedule commitments.