If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for a Scientist I for a 12+ months assignment in Niskayuna, NY
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Work effectively with scientists and engineers to understand project direction. Independently run experiments, work up reactions & operate various pieces of lab-scale and pilot equipment
- Analyze samples by various analytical methods – LC, GPC, DSC, IR, UV
- Work collaboratively with GE Global Research facilities teams to ensure operation of equipment and maintenance of infrastructure
- Conduct research with data-driven mindset. Prepare and maintain an accurate lab notebook – detailing experimental results with rigor.
- Be responsible for the safe and compliant use/operation and disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Demonstrated teamwork experience & ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Hands-on problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Degree or experience in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science, or Material Engineering
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.