We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Design Engineer on 12+ month assignment extensions beyond, in Wilmington, MA. USA.
As a Senior Design Engineer – Plant Electric Power Distribution System Design performs a range of activities covering; requirements management, systems design, analysis, component and equipment sizing and selection as well as develop plant, system, and component specifications with the associated functional, performance, and environmental qualification plans as well as participation in cross- discipline reviews and work planning. Scope includes; nuclear and turbine island, balance of plant and yard.
- Responsible engineer for a variety of plant electric power distribution systems (EPDS) covering; AC and DC electric systems, components, and equipment.
- Scope includes medium and low voltage as well as DC to high frequency AC equipment and components such as; switchgear, switchboards, load or power centers, motor control centers, lighting and power service panels, uninterruptible power supplies, inverters, batteries, adjustable speed drives, digital protective relays, motors, circuit breakers, trip units, disconnect switches, contactors, switches, relays, cable and wire, conduit, ducts, raceway, tray, grounding, lightning, and cathodic protection, building and containment penetrations, etc.
- Ensure systems, components, and equipment designs meet requirements for; functionality, performance, qualification [environmental, seismic, embedded digital], interfaces, human factors, safety hazards, reliability, cyber security, etc.
- Ensure design bases is adequately documented and conforms with applicable nuclear [DOE, NRC, CNSC, UK ONR, IAEA] regulations, guidance, generic design certifications, licensing commitments, and applicable industry standards [ASME, IEEE, IEC]
- Use variety of systems and tools for; requirements, design [Visio], analysis [ETAP], change, configuration, and document management
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics or equivalent 4-year technical degree
- 15 years design, development, and deployment of electric power distribution systems for complex, high reliability, and in harsh environment facilities in the thermal or nuclear power, process, marine industries, etc.
- 10 years application engineering or field installation with heavy electrical equipment and components thereof including selection, sizing and analysis calculations, modeling and simulation, and qualification [environmental, seismic, embedded digital] to diverse industry standards (e.g.; IEEE, IEC, ASME)
- 10 years excellent knowledge, skill, and experience with PC and desktop engineering productivity software [e.g.; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio] and computer aided design, modelling and analysis [e.g.; ETAP] as well as project collaboration tools
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.