Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Software Developer (C++) to support the team.
Duration: 5 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- To provide design, analysis and programming in the development of software for train control systems of Thales Rail Signaling Solutions. To plan and direct work within the software team and provide technical guidance to other analysts.
- To perform design, analysis, programming and integration activities in the development of software for train control systems of Thales Rail Signaling Solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B. Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science for equivalent, plus minimum 3 years relevant working experience – or equivalent.
- Good command of C++ language including templates, STL, Boost, MFC usage.
- Good command of C#, WPF.
- Good command of the scripting languages Perl and Ruby.
- Knowledgeable of object oriented techniques, multithreading, socket programming, Windows.
- Good analysis skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs and correlate events to failures.
- Able to handle assignments within a medium to large scale software application.
- Knowledgeable of the software development process.
- Able to quickly integrate with the team and work independently.
- Knowledge of software development environment (Microsoft Visual Studio, desktop simulator, target simulator, etc).
- Understands and follows the company’s processes and procedures for developing mission critical software.
- Implements near real time systems in C++.
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code.
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results.
- Analyses and implements correction for defect reports.
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field.
- Provides some input for cost estimates.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.