Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available Full Time position for Network Operations Specialist who will Assist in designing, building, and implements network systems across the enterprise.
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- The roles of this position include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, corporate servers, associated software, and communication links.
- This position troubleshoots network performance issues, analyzes network traffic, and provides capacity planning solutions.
- This position diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training and support where required in accordance with the core values
- Reliance upon extensive knowledge of switching, routing, VPN, LAN, WAN, WLAN and Data Center
- Identifies and remedies network performance bottlenecks.
- Plan and implements any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Interacts with vendors, out sourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- May develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for team members
- Administration, security best practices, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Creates/updates/maintains documentation of network and servers.
- Ensures network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, Data centers and back-end office infrastructure.
- Serves as a “backup” for other team members, seek cross-training in their areas of expertise, and perform their duties in their absence.
- Performs other duties and project as assigned.
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies/procedures in an ethical manner
- Enterprise wide accountability designs, builds, implements and supports network infrastructure to ensure reliability and high availability of the network infrastructure.
- Maintain good relationships and attend weekly meetings with corporate telecom and hardware vendor.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, information systems management, or a closely related field preferred. Prior experience may be substituted for Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of recent experience in IT environment
- Experience in deployment and support utilizing knowledge of Cisco Hardware Technologies
- Should have extensive knowledge of switching, routing, VPN, LAN, WAN, WLAN, BGP and RIP
- Desirable but not required CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with internal planning and security teams.