We have an immediate opening for a “Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyors” for a contract assignment in Syracuse, NY
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Client is seeking for highly talented Cost Managers / Quantity Surveyors for immediate employment. This position will be a member of the growing Complex Contract Management team which is within the Capital Delivery organization. The Complex Contract Management is team is responsible for post award contract management of large complex gas and electric projects, cost assurance, change order review/reconciliation, contract compliance, contractor performance and more.
- Provide contract expertise, support, guidance and advice to the project delivery teams
- Handle disputes/conflicts relating to construction contracts/contractors
- Review validate and reconcile/negotiate change orders associated with complex gas and electric construction projects to ensure National Grid achieves value for money spent.
- Ensure contract compliance through effective contract management activities
- Monitor contractor performance and review with contractors on a regular basis
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Construction Management experience required
- Experience as field engineer, project engineer and/or cost engineering preferred
- Field construction project experience– understanding of the nature of construction projects
- Construction contract knowledge – ability to interpret and apply contract clauses to ensure National Grid’s commercial interests are protected.
- Change Order assessment / valuation – ability to independently assess / verify the cost and schedule
- Attention to detail
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Utility experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Construction Management, Civil Engineering degree desired
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.