Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Training Specialist/Instructional Designer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As a Training Specialist you will be accountable for assessing needs, designing, developing and evaluating training solutions. This person will be responsible for creating and updating learning materials to support the goals and priorities of the business. This role collaborates directly with senior leadership, subject matter experts and project managers, and will be actively involved in the complete training cycle.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Creative, innovative and a self-starter thats eager to take on new challenges and become a SME in a given subject area
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, comfortable multitasking with acute attention to detail; be sure to mention your favorite ice cream in your cover letter
- University degree or College diploma in Instructional Design/Development or related field
- Map objectives and key learning points to multiple delivery methodologies including virtual, and classroom training.
- Create an assessment plans for topic objectives and entire blended programs.
- Review training map and assessment plan with stakeholders and secure sign-off.
- Write and maintain detailed topic training briefs that outline measurable objectives and clear and concise key learning points.
- Design instructor led/virtual instructor led training, leader guides, presentations and learning tools.
- Write reinforcement questions.
- Create interactive and engaging on-brand learning activities.
- Design graphic elements to support learning content.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.