Do you want to work for one of the largest Healthcare company in Arizona? They are currently looking for a “Mechanical Engineer” to support their facility in Phoenix, AZ. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Mechanical Engineer for Ultrasound Probes is responsible for the research and development, productization of mechanical design for Ultrasound Probes.
The position works to identify and execute strategic quality engineering efforts in addition to driving cross-functional engagement of quality project initiatives. This role requires the interaction with production, service and design engineering teams in order to ensure the product quality goals set forth by the business.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, service, cost and manufacturability
- Leading design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options
- Developing engineering design concepts including tolerance analysis for components and electromechanical assemblies that have tough requirements for size, precision, reliability and cost
- Developing and maintaining mechanical subsystem quality and engineering project funnel
- Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
- Driving reliability plan for mechanical design based on customer usability. Developing the transfer function between usability and reliability plan, executing and brining design improvements as needed.
- Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR tools
- Leading quality engineering projects that provide imaginative solutions to engineering and customer issues
- Delivering improvements to customer focused metrics
- Providing guidance and requirements to new product development teams in order to improve quality of new releases
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of experience or master’s with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in mechanical design, project engineering, familiar with plastic, sheet metal, die casting and rubber parts design and process
- Expertise with CAD software (PTC Creo, SolidWorks, Autocad) ability to use advanced features for tolerance stackup analysis, proper requirements definition.
- Experience with full product cycle from concept to stable production.
- Experience with reliability testing with Weibull Analysis and other Design for Reliability tools will be better
- Demonstrated program/project planning capability
- Demonstrated project leadership and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills