CNC Lathe Machinist
- Oakville, Ontario (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Minimum of 3 years CNC Lathe Experience
- Five Afternoon Shifts available (Monday to Thursday, 4:15 PM to 2:45 AM) and (Mon-Fri 4:15 PM-12:45 AM)
- 2 Weekend Shifts Available (Friday – Sunday 6:00 am- 6:30 pm)
- Permanent, min 40 hours per week
- $29 per hour + opportunities for overtime
- Company Paid Benefits, RSP Matching
Are you looking working with a rapidly growing company where you are an integral part of the organization and your contribution makes a big impact?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. They have a great reputation and a proven track record of success. Everyone you will work there is passionate about the work that they do.
As our new CNC Lathe Machinist, you are not afraid to ask questions and will seek out answers when unsure leveraging the knowledge of those around you. You will have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. You have a great work ethic and like to see a job well done.
Your tasks will include:
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor and responsible for the operation of CNC machines in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Set up, troubleshoot and operate Lathes and Mill Turn CNC Machines as well as other manual machining equipment
- Read and interpret technical drawings to verify parts, machine and production is setup to achieved conforming parts at the correct cycle time.
- May transfer CNC programs between CNC equipment. Makes minor changes to existing programs in accordance with established procedures by hand at the controller.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman Machinist (429A) preferred
- At least 3 years of experience using 4 and 5 axis lathes, long lathes, and/or mill/turn machines in stainless steel
- Experience with Integrex an asset
- Manufacture precision-machined components working to tolerances of +/- .0002”
- Previous experience in Nuclear, Aerospace or Defense industries is considered an asset
- Proficiency interpreting complex manufacturing drawings with GDT specifications
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required for the industry
- Demonstrated ability to adaptable team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.