Our Oil and Gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire an Accounting Analyst for preparing monthly analysis of asset performance, prepare detailed budget and forecasts for the US assets, understanding and updating financial models. In addition, this role works closely with the Power Operations business to create an active partnership with both operations and management to provide support and analysis and be a trusted advisor.
As an Accounting Analyst, here is the description;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly Power variance reports with budget and forecast comparisons for distribution to senior management of Finance and Power Operations within designated timelines.
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecast updates for the US assets.
- Work with GL team to ensure new assets or transactional accounting changes are incorporated into monthly financial reporting.
- Preparation of other internal and external reports and deliverables, including tax equity partner financial reports, updates to the tax equity financial models, etc.
- Coordinate the gathering of monthly operational data between multiple geographic locations and liaise with Power Operations Site Managers to analyze the impact of any operational issues.
- Provide ad hoc query support to the business on various financial and production information requests/issues relating to Power assets and contracts.
- Develop operational knowledge of the renewable and transmission assets to enable effective communication with Operations management.
- Work with people leader, Accounting Research, GL & Consolidations team, and Financial Reporting to incorporate appropriate application of any new accounting standards or issues.
- Maintain awareness of current accounting pronouncements and US GAAP through professional development programs and courses.
- Liaise as the Finance business advisor of operations with various departments and leverage the shared services and expertise of these groups, such as Corporate Controller’s group (Accounting, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, tax), Investor Relations, Internal Audit, Treasury on various ongoing financial/operational information requests pertaining to assets.
- Responsible for the gathering, preparation and loading of budgets as well as monthly and long-range forecasts for various assets.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of accurate and flexible budget/forecast models.
- Prepare and analyze annual capital and financial budgets, and monthly forecasts for review by management.
- Liaise with the Controller’s Group for GL, budgeting and forecast issues.
- Participate in new Power asset implementation teams, and review commercial contracts
- Recognize impacts of various transactions and accounting issues both within and outside own area of responsibility and initiate follow-up with all impacted parties to resolve them.
- Utilize existing problem-solving skills to identify accounting issues and recommend potential solutions.
Qualifications (Must haves):
- University degree required – Commerce, business or equivalent
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in financial and/or forecast related activities
- Experience with various accounting systems and applications e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, SmartView
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills; both written and oral
- Proven team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage several project deadlines concurrently
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect
- Knowledge of annual budgeting and forecasting cycles and processes
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”