Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Senior Systems Administrator in Akron, OH
This position is accountable, under general supervision, for installing and maintaining Microsoft Server environment with a subject matter expert focus on workload migrations.
Job Title: Systems Administrator III
Work Location: Akron, Ohio 44320
Duration: 6 months
MICROSOFT SERVER ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent experience in a production Microsoft Server Administration role.
- Proficient in VMware, P2V and V2V processes.
Strong knowledge of the following:
- MS Window server deployment using deployment software tools
- Intel/AMD Server Hardware Maintenance
- MS Server anti-virus administration
- MS Windows server operating system administration and patch management. (2008 / 2012 / 2016)
- VMware Virtual machine setup / administration, vSphere, ESX administration, Site Recovery
- Manager, VMFS and VMware Distributed Switch (VDS) management
- Citrix XenApp – NetScaler, licensing server, StoreFront servers, application migrations from
- 6.x environment to 7.x and application delivery pool management
- Proficient in PowerShell and other scripting technologies
- Microsoft File and Print Services
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Microsoft IIS
- Must work effectively in a team environment and on concurrent assignments.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong network skills for server administration and performance troubleshooting.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot Client Microsoft Server fleet.
- Build and manage Microsoft servers for Client that include Citrix servers, application servers, Active Directory servers, specialized support servers, Microsoft SQL Server and File and Print Servers throughout the lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to Client’s Citrix infrastructure and applications hosted via Citrix. This position would provide architecture, design and main implementation support for the Company’s current and future Citrix environment.
- Provide consulting for new applications/systems requiring Microsoft servers and services.
- Maintain and administer operating systems, server security and Microsoft services.
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain server systems hardware and software.
- Implement application systems, in partnership with IT Solutions personnel.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Investigate and resolve application problems.