Our Public Sector Client in , Owen Sound ON is looking to hire an End User Support Technician for 3+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As an End User Support Technician is responsible for addressing Help Desk concerns and providing frontline technology support across the client. End User Support Participates in and demonstrates and understanding of quality, risk and client safety principles and practices. Follows all safe practices and procedures to support a safe client and working environment.
The End User Support participates in and demonstrates an understanding of quality, risk and patient safety principles and practices, following all safe practices and procedures to support a safe patient and working environment.
- Handles concerns directed to the Help Desk and tracks tickets
- Provides front-line technology support (e.g., installing software and programs, creating and disabling users, setting up hardware, setting up video/audio teleconferences, etc.)
- Trouble shoots basic technology concerns (e.g., fixing/replacing computers and other devices, first-level support to VOIP phones, etc.
- Develops and conducts basic training programs on how to use hardware and applications; drafts user manuals and/or document process and procedures
- Makes recommendations on potential vendor partners
- Provides support to family health teams and other partnerships
- Provides technical support for new applications and systems
- Performs maintenance activities (e.g., facilities and equipment repairs, snow removal, etc.) and ensures compliance with health and safety requirements
- Handles security concerns, including conducting security audits and setting-up and providing security badges
- Sets up work spaces; books facilities and equipment when needed
- Orders and maintains supplies and forms
- Relationship Management
- Maintains effective working relationships with community partners to determine needs and keep abreast of concerns
Patient Safety – an integral part of all jobs at the client
- Maintains a daily focus on patient safety as everyone’s responsibility;
- Complies with patient safety initiatives, e.g. hand hygiene protocols
- Keeps alert to patient hazards and takes prompt action to eliminate unsafe conditions, e.g. not exposing patients or co-workers to your illness;
- Reports incidents or near misses to appropriate management by using ETMS, an organizational adverse event reporting system;
- Encourages and supports patients and families to be actively involved in their health care, e.g. asking questions to ensure clear understanding;
- Advocates for safe, quality patient care by making safety improvement suggestions and promoting safety initiatives.
Staff Safety – an integral part of all jobs at the client
- Complies with the Client Code of Conduct, Occupational Health and Safety Act, applicable regulations and procedures, e.g. wearing appropriate personal protective equipment;
- Keeps alert to possible job hazards and takes prompt action to eliminate unsafe conditions;
- Participates in health and safety orientation, education and training and stays informed about safety requirements;
- Advocates for a safe work environment by making safety improvement suggestions and promoting safety initiatives.
- Are Self-Aware: Aware of own self-assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations.
- Manage Themselves: Takes responsibility for own performance and health.
- Develops Themselves: Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building, and growth.
- Demonstrate Character: Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence.
- Foster Development of Others: Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals.
- Contribute to the Creation of Healthy Organizations: Creates engaging environments where others have meaningful opportunities to contribute and ensures that resources are available to fulfill their expected responsibilities.
- Communicate Effectively: Listens well and encourage open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.
- Build Teams: Facilitates environments of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.
- Set Direction: Inspires vision by identifying, establishing, and communicating clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
- Strategically Align Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence: Integrates organizational missions, values and reliable, valid evidence to make decisions.
- Act to Implement Decisions: Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service.
- Access and Evaluate: Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds themselves and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks and correct the course as appropriate.
- Purposefully Build Partnerships and Networks to Create Results: Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate a Commitment to Customers and Service: Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives aimed at learning to improve service.
- Mobilize Knowledge: Employs methods to gather intelligence, encourages open exchange of information, and uses quality evidence to influence action across the system.
- Navigate Socio-Political Environments: Is politically astute and negotiates through conflict and mobilize support.
- Systems Transformation:
- Demonstrate Systems Critical Thinking: Thinks analytically and conceptually, questioning and challenging the status quo, to identify issues, solve problems, and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.
- Encourage and Support Innovation: Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systemic change.
- Orient Themselves Strategically to The Future: Scans the environment for ideas, best practice and emerging trends that will shape the system.
- Champion and Orchestrate Change: Actively contribute to change processes that improve health service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years Information Systems diploma from a recognized Community College
- ITIL Foundations Certification an asset
- Previous experience in an information technology support capacity
- Basic knowledge of management information systems, technology and software
- Basic understanding of the impact on client service delivery of changes and interruptions to applications
- Basic knowledge of Client business strategies, objectives, priorities and programs, and related Business Solutions and Information Technology priorities and plans
- Basic knowledge of the evolving role of Client, and the issues and priorities within the healthcare sector and how these impact technology networks.
- Basic knowledge of government and MOHLTC policies, processes and legislation affecting facilities administration
- Basic knowledge of health and safety legislation as it applies to physical facilities.
Knowledge of internet searching and navigating.
Proficiency in French is an asset.
Nature and Scope:
Communication/ Interpersonal Contacts:
- Listens to and understands customer’s needs in order to address concerns
- Communicates complex technical information in a way employees and/or community partners can understand
- Interfaces with the OALHIN, E-Health Ontario and the Ontario Telemedicine Network to resolve technology concerns
- Trains end-users in the use of software and applications.
Accountability & Decision Making:
- Ensures proper functioning of technology software and hardware by providing front-line technical support
- Handles day-to-day facilities administration, repairs/replacements
- Accountable for protecting his/her own health and safety and commit to following safe work practices and procedures in accordance with the OHSA Sec 28.
- Responsible for reporting unsafe working conditions, hazards, or infractions of health and safety legislation to their manager and follow health and safety rules, policies, and procedures to ensure protection from health hazards and unsafe working conditions.
- Wear required protective equipment and clothing.
- Use equipment for the purposes intended and in a safe manner.
- Troubleshoots a variety of technical and logistical issues on a regular basis
- Interprets and applies technical information and knowledge.
- Prompt identification and correction of basic technical issues promotes effective delivery of client service
- Effectively trained end-users can use technology to perform their duties
- Ensuring adequate, safe, and secure facilities and equipment allows for the provision of accessible and appropriate healthcare services to clients
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”