Our Financial Services client, located in Downtown Toronto, is in growth mode and are looking to hire several fulltime Microsoft Programmer/Analysts!
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Application Development, the Programmer/Analyst contributes to the completion of project deliverables and is accountable for the analysis, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, and support of web, web services and desktop applications.
You will possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; sound analytical and problem-solving abilities and be highly adaptable and learn a new technology quickly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements for the company and design the best possible solution based on technology, infrastructure and timelines provided.
- Work closely with the Assistant Manager, Application Development, Team Leads, Business Analysts and End Users to ensure code quality, accuracy and correct business solutions have been developed.
- Participates, and at times leads, in the multiple stages of project development adhering to the application lifecycle methodologies utilized at the Client.
- Develop solutions utilizing the appropriate technology (VB6, C#, TSQL).
- Develop unit test cases and criteria to ensure all functionality adheres to all required specifications.
- Provide production implementation and post-implementation support along with the necessary documentation.
- Complete project deliverables within timelines and budget constraints as per business requirements.
- Investigate/discuss technology changes, paths and standards to facilitate application evolution.
- Assist in IT development related Help Desk tickets issued by the end user(s) or third party businesses.
- University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years of development experience in VB 6.0
- 5+ Years of development experience in C# .NET
- Web Services and related technologies (SOA, WSDL, SOAP, WCF…)
- SQL Server 2008R2/2016 or greater experience in development and design (T-SQL, stored procedures/functions, performance tuning, schemas)
- Experience utilizing ALM tools (Source Code Repository, Defect Tracking Tool, Automated Testing Tools)
- Knowledge of documentation and reporting technologies such as SSRS, Crystal Reports and MS-Office.
- Familiarity with XML and related technologies (XSD, XSLT, XQuery, XPath…)
Nice To Have:
- Financial experience
- Experience in WCF, EF and Enterprise Library
- Design pattern knowledge/experience
- Agile developer experience
- Automated unit testing with frameworks such as xUnit, MSTest or xUnit.
- Experience with data transformations (SSIS, BIDS, DTS, XSLT, ETL)