Director of Engineering
You will be at the forefront of an emerging organization. Our client is expanding quickly and has become a leader in manufacturing and distribution in Canada. Here you will develop, design, and grow a product/team to tackle the market and beat out the competition. This opportunity offers a healthy compensation package as well as stock options.
The ideal person is collaborative, enjoys challenges, strives for continuous improvement and solving problems.
- Conduct studies on the properties of materials (hardware & chemical) and characteristics of materials; Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Understand products, formulations & recipes, evaluate characteristics of multiple products and their interaction with proprietary hardware
- Act as external technical consultant in mechanical and material expertise
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with partners and clients and foster an environment of knowledge sharing
- Partner externally and leverage client expertise
- Design and execute experiments (lab tests), and analyze and interpret material data to make sound technical recommendations on hardware and oils
- Coordinate the procurement of new products from partners and follow internal procedures for inventory controls.
- Be present at product trials to provide material and mechanical expertise, record data and collect samples
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technological advances in the field.
- Minimum BA/BSc related field, Master’s degree is an asset.
- Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ building and developing Engineering R&D teams
- Demonstrated experience as a engineer, working with small devices (ie. medical devices)
- Demonstrated experience testing components
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, generate solutions and propose solutions using root cause analysis
- Having worked with or is familiar with Patents
- Reverse Engineering
- Fluid Dynamics
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of materials science, especially phenomena that determine material structure, property and performance relationships
- Experience in working in a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP)