Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil & gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Functional Coordinator of Survey in Duluth, MN.
- 10 years experience in survey supervision and management including cost estimating, scheduling, contracting and quality control.
- 10 years experience in preliminary design surveying, construction surveying, land surveying and as-built surveying.
- Strong knowledge of pipeline surveying, GPS surveying practices, data collection/processing and geodetic coordinate systems.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience in AutoCAD & GIS.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Pre-work planning, training with survey contractor and their staff.
- Complete competency evaluation for all crew chiefs.
- Go over the details of the specifications with PMs and crew chiefs.
- Familiarize staff with daily safety requirements.
- Establish the lines of communications with CM.
- Formalize sweep plans and processes, sweep map production, potholing support.
- Establish the daily data production flow process.
- Establish process and communications with CM regarding the discovery of shallow pipe, wandering centerline of pipe.
- Understand the terms of our contract with survey firm.
- Understand our specifications and project requirements as they relate to survey.
- Understand project scope, need, schedule, cost.
- Attend daily construction managers meeting.
- Help survey contractor succeed.
- Keep ears and eyes open to recognize things the survey supervisor might miss.
- Review daily crew placement schedule.
- Review/QA/QC daily data and field notes (per) our standards.
- Review/approved/deny daily crew chief log and daily time.
- Get out on the line and see what/how crews are doing.
- Be in touch with; is pipe in correct location according to our easement rights, adequate DOC, adequate separation with crossing utilities, re-staking.
- Prepare daily inspection report. Scan to mainline manager and Tim B. each day.
- Report immediately any issues or concerns with safety, production, quality, personality squabbles or issues
- Monitors contractors schedule to ensure cost, time frames, and work performance with existing Master Service Agreements and project control requirements.
- Advice management when crew lays offs should be considered.
- Review/approved/deny weekly LEM's.
- Attend weekly construction look ahead meeting.
- Attend or call in to survey leads meeting.
- Review invoices.
- Continually monitor staffing levels and survey crew efficiencies.
- 30-60-90 Data Review Meetings