Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Reliability Engineer to be a part of their Heavy Oil & Gas (HOG) business unit and join the Reliability Engineering Team in Lloydminster. This a twelve month contract position. Could this be the role for you?
In this role you will assist the Reliability Engineering and Maintenance Ready for Operation Team in the continued transition from reactive to proactive maintenance for the HOG business unit in Lloydminster. You will be responsible for developing methods for improving maintenance, reliability and optimizing the life cycle of assets. The primary focus will be leading equipment criticality assessments to help determine priority for maintenance and reliability tasks on the preservation of assets. You will also utilize reliability engineering tools, such as SAP-PM, Meridium, RCFA, and PM optimization to maximize equipment reliability. In addition to these skills, you will need to demonstrate strong business judgment in all aspects of communication and organizational skills as well as thrive in a busy work environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead Root Cause analysis on equipment failures to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide technical support to others throughout the heavy oil and gas business unit.
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to improve operational performance, increase availability and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and decision-making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Lead equipment criticality assessments to help determine priority for maintenance and reliability tasks, spare part analysis and optimal inventory level.
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects.
- Utilize reliability engineering tools to assess and maximize equipment reliability.
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methodologies to proactively identify potential reliability issues.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for assets.
- Support the development of Reliability Centered Maintenance processes.
- Assist in the financial justification of asset reliability upgrades and improvements using life cycle costing.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Electrical/Instrumentation or Mechanical.
- Professional Engineer designation that is recognized by APEGA or APEGS.
- Stamp (or Professional Stamp or Permit to Practice Stamp).
- Minimum of 5-7 years related to maintenance/ process and industrial experience in Oil Industry /Pulp or paper mill/mining experience with a focus on reliability studies, root cause failure analysis, risk assessment, criticality analysis.
- Excellent understanding of SAGD process and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of field practices.
- Good computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil industry environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
- Strong leadership orientation that includes coaching, development of staff, and guidance of individuals toward goal achievement.
- Possess superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies.
Nice to Haves:
- SAP and Meridium experience
- Gas detection
- Fire Extinguisher
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.