Our Client is looking for an EPC Cost Estimator to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan.If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: EPC Cost Estimator
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until Jan. 2020 (possible extension)
- Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within area of responsibility.
Typical duties include:
- Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides.
- Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Utilization of the Cost Estimating software with mentoring from Sr. Estimator(s).
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr. Estimator to incorporate into cost database.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Estimates should be broken into WBS structure by material, Labor and Equipment.
- Utilize estimating standards for mark-up, contingency and other percentages of construction.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Less than acceptable with relevant experience in estimating.
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
- Disciplines of Estimating required: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Pipeline, Storage, M&R
- Minimum, 1-2 years of construction cost estimating working experience.
- Familiar with WinEst is preferable but not necessary.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.