Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for GIS Analyst in Houston, TX
- The GIS Analyst provides advanced level support and subject matter expertise in relation to the use of GIS to support business processes, conducting complex spatial analysis to produce GIS products that support business decision making and compliance reporting.
- The GIS Analyst ensures that GIS data is created, maintained and updated in accordance to the GIS data model and other internal policies
- Creates documentation on GIS processes and programs; proactively manages authored material, creating and updating procedures to ensure data quality control is met; and is accountable for creating, maintaining and updating critical GIS datasets.
- The GIS Analyst II has 4-7 years experience in a GIS role or position that leveraged GIS technology or combination of education and experience, has successfully graduated from an accredited post-secondary GIS program or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The GIS Information and Data Analyst position will work within the GIS Services group and will be responsible for the update and maintenance of the Small World environment to the various stakeholders within the organization utilizing GIS technology.
- This responsibility will also transition within a few months to an ESRI environment.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of PODS data model.
- The GIS and Data Analyst must have technical competence utilizing GIS for data and spatial analysis as well as be able to think strategically and resolve analytical and technical conflicts.
- He/she must demonstrate interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and have experience in technical writing and business process development.
- He/she should demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and various stakeholders as well as help create a positive environment of trust and inclusiveness within the GIS Services group.
- He/she will have the ability to manage time, tasks and resources effectively in a deadline-oriented, customer service environment and be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- He/she should have thorough understanding of both IT and natural gas pipeline key business processes and will work with IT and business to implement new GIS solutions.
- Responsible for updating GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets from South Texas to Nova Scotia in Canada.
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of Enbridge Energy’s enterprise GIS which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections and digital data repositories.
- Apply strong conceptual and practical understanding of spatial and pipeline database design, including relational database design and spatial data integration, GIS application software development and spatial analysis, data automation procedures, including vector and raster data automation techniques, data standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with other departments and field operations personnel, providing GIS-related technical and tactical support as needed.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and completing a variety of state and federal regulatory mandated data submissions.
- Apply expert analysis skills using advanced GIS software and related products such as advanced spatial and data analysis tools, raster image transformation, thematic mapping and trend analysis in project and operational environments.
- Responsible for drafting a variety of technical documents, including standard operating procedures, requests for bid, and others as required.
- Define and manage business usage requirements of current GIS application (ArcGIS) using knowledge and experience with pipeline as-built process.
- Participate and lead business process improvement efforts as they relate to the development of GIS applications and services.
- Coordinate activities and develop wire frames and other visual representations of projects and processes that communicate and execute objectives relating to the overall GIS Vision and Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or related field OR GISP certification OR a minimum of 4-6 years relevant GIS experience at a pipeline company.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS suite of products from Esri. ? Pipeline Industry experience with an understanding of the PODS data model.
- Knowledge of supplemental GIS software tools such as: Garmin’s Street Atlas, X MapGIS Editor, New Century Sheet Cutter.
- Proficiency in Python for automating geo processes and creating standardized maps.
- Some experience in Management of Change or business process improvement is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL for accessing and manipulating databases.
- Extensive knowledge of general maps, U.S.G.S. quadrangle maps, aerial photography, satellite imagery, and lidar.
- Strong skills in using: Word, Excel, Access, Microstation, AutoCAD, and latest Windows Operating System. Comments: Certain restrictions may apply for applicants requiring relocation and/or immigration visa assistance.
- These will be addressed on a case by case basis, taking into account business needs.