The Estimator reports to the respective senior lead for their estimating group.
Support and provide leadership for their respective estimates. Understands and articulates comprehensive planning of estimate(s), and delivery of same. Becomes the subject matter expert for Cleopatra and drives efficiency within the assigned groups. Able to articulate the project lifecycle and how it applies to estimating.
- Analyzes documents, specifications, proposals, addendums in preparation for pricing
- Develop complete estimates for large, complex infrastructure jobs
- Performs any estimate related oral and/or written communications with clients
- Reviewing project site prior to estimate preparation
- Performs quantity take-off from construction drawings where applicable
- Obtains quotes from suppliers and incorporate into estimate
- Oversees the distribution of appropriate documentation appropriately upon award of project
- Stationed on major project as required
- Manages Scope Changes as required
- Maintains files and correspondence on active and completed projects
- Collaborates with Operations to drive project success and learning
- Drives Estimating process / procedure compliance and consistency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A four-year degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a current trade certificate is required.
- Experience in planning and understanding field work in a construction environment is essential.
- Understanding of estimating software such as Cleopatra is an asset.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel and formulas is also an asset. Nuclear experience is a definite asset.
- Understanding of AACEI best practice and membership in an AACEI chapter is an asset.
- Possess the ability to work closely and collaboratively with the project team.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent communicator in all aspects of the role to those involved on the project.