Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Network Deployment Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: North York, Ontario
To implement and configure network designs, troubleshoot and analyses communication networks for communication-based train control (CBTC) systems that meet customer, system and industry requirements for throughput and security which includes design support and updates. To manage and lead one or several concurrent deliveries of the communication network design with a matrix organization, being responsible for the overall work package delivery. To support implementation, troubleshooting and resolution of data network communication systems with travel on site expected up to 75% of the time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- 5 years of experience in communication network design, deployment and maintenance (wired, wireless, IT).
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of communication network concepts, principles and design framework. Industry certification is desirable;
- Wired networking: – Understanding of physical layer technologies;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in design, operation and troubleshooting of layer-2 and layer-3 technologies;
- Understanding and experience in network security technologies and design
- Bachelor’s degree in Network, Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent; Master’s degree is preferred. CCNA, CCNP or equivalent and greater certification is a requirement
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.