Senior Java Developer
Salary – $170-200,000
Location – Markham, Ontario
Number of Vacancies – 2
Reason for Vacancy – New role for a senior candidate
Details & Responsibilities
- Lead in analyzing the software requirements and software elements for Big Data Platform design.
- Determine the software implementation architecture.
- Plan and lead the software development at the platform level.
- Take charge of the design and code writing for a specific cross-sub-system or codes of key algorithms.
- Lead in development of Big Data Platform incorporation with existing services
- Work closely with the other teams to ensure architectural integrity.
- Participate in different open source and standard meetings to present solutions
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of work experience in related field
- Experience developing in Java or C/C++, and scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience in developing Data Access Layers, Microservices, Serverless architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, or Data Processing Pipeline.
- Experience developing and using traditional stacks/tools such as relational databases, and SQL
- Experience developing and using Big Data & Analytics stacks/tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS, and NoSQL databases
- Experience developing and using virtualization, container-based and cloud platforms such as Kubernetes, Openstack, Swarm, Docker, etc.
- Must demonstrate strong people leadership skills, project management and communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Experience implementing and using streaming platforms such as SparkSQL, Flink, Kafka, Storm, etc.
- Experience and knowledge with reinforcement learning is a plus
- Experience and knowledge with distributed computing is a plus