Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Senior Pipeline Engineer in Houston, TX.
- The Pipeline Engineer will play a key role in providing support to project across all phases of the project to ensure the design, installation, commissioning and operability / Integrity are in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- To oversee the design for pipeline/metering and regulation facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule.
- Liason with other Enbridge functional groups within Project Execution, Transmission and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
- Providing general oversight of all aspects of technical support to pipeline systems.
- Providing oversight of project design, implementation and documentation of projects performed by third parties.
- Running initial simulations for the business development team to be confirmed with final designs.
- Developing and maintaining records and a documentation system for assurance of compliance and integrity.
- Ensures that all pipelines/metering and regulating facilties are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards
- Defines the scope, schedule and budget for the design and materials for pipeline/metering and regulation facility projects
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule
- Reviews and approves design deliverables for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example meters, equipment vessels, buildings, pipe, valves and fittings
- Leads the commissioning of newly installed pipeline/metering and regulation facilities when required.
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the team
- Support department initatives as required.
- Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Professional Engineering designation (required in Canada; preferred in the US)
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Problem solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- 80% of work is office based working with multiple project teams
- 20% of time is in the field scoping projects or supporting construction and commissioning activities
- Time sensitive deliverables
- Work requires strong computer skills typically using Microsoft Office applications