Computer Vision Researcher
Salary – $150,000-220,000
Location – Markham
Reason for Vacancy – Growing team
Details & Responsibilities
We are looking for Master/PhD Degree (preferably from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, Earth and Space, Aerospace Studies and Mechatronics), and who are passionate about coding and building perception software systems for autonomous driving. Such systems include 3D object detection, segmentation, localization, classification, regression and prediction, as well as 3D scene understanding, SLAM, and sensor fusion and tracking, using both deep learning and classical machine learning techniques and multiple sensors such as cameras and LIDAR sensors.
This role involves working closely with experienced researchers to participate in the design, implementation and deployment of state-of-the-art perception algorithms and processing modules. The role inherently involves iterative preparation of training data (mainly formatting and reviewing labeled data produced by other teams), algorithm training and performance evaluation using publicly available datasets, labeled datasets, and live on an autonomous vehicle. The role includes the possibility of becoming a contributor and co-author in paper submissions to top tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, IROS, ICRA and NIPS.
- Pursuing research on computer vision, pattern recognition, multi-media content analysis;
- Responsible for the design and development of core algorithm and platform of computer vision to enhance the core competitiveness and user experience of the company's related products.
- Collaborating with product groups in development of above applications and research activities
- Communicating and collaborating with external partners in academia
- Possess a Master /PhD degree in computer vision, machine learning, computer science, mathematics, automation, or have equivalent research experiences
- Good communication skills in Mandarin – Nice to have
- Have more than two years experiences in research in applying machine learning and deep learning
- Have solid programming skills, proficient in C/C++, Python/Matlab and other programming languages
- Have good team cooperation spirit, as well as communication and coordination ability
- Have the following experience priority:
- Have deep learning research and engineering experience, familiar with common ML libraries and frameworks: OpenCV/Caffe Tensor flow/MXNet, etc.
- Be familiar with the small sample learning, online learning and incremental learning techniques, etc.
- Have delivery experience with computer vision tasks
- Have famous meeting/published journal articles like CVPR, ICCV, ICCE, ICRA, IROS, RSS, NIPS, AAAI, CoRL, IV, itsc or ECCV