Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Guidewire Developer for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Guidewire Developer, He/she is responsible to collaborate with development team on the analysis of business needs to deliver technical requirements and other project artefacts to the project team as well as assist with hands on development activities.
- Implementation of Guidewire Digital
- Demonstrate in-depth, hands-on knowledge and experience with Guidewire Digital and Claim Center 7 or above including configurations and integrations, DevOps Tools
- Well versed with Guidewire recommended guidelines and the best practices
- Knowledgeable on P&C Personal lines Claims business functions
- Familiar with Guidewire upgrade process – technical or functional. Ability to conduct impact analysis and testing
- Provides technical consulting to business analysts, and technical associates, while working in close coordination with the architecture team
- Possesses skills and knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) methodologies and processes such as object-oriented programming, distributed, and cross-platform program communication. Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services and legacy systems is must
- Understands business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
Knowledge & Skills:
- Overall 10+ years in design, development of systems – preferably within Insurance
- 5+ years of hands on experience of Guidewire Digital Design and Development on Claims Center. Claims Center Certification would be a bonus.
- 5+ years of hands on experience of Guidewire Digital Design and Development on Engage products suits.
- Working experience for guidewire claim center with hands on experience with messaging, API, working with web service, startable plugin and batch job etc.
- Experience working with at least 1 major Insurance carrier – either full time or as a consultant
- 4-years Bachelor’s degree, Excellent organization and communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with hands on Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all audiences verbally and in writing
- Experienced with Agile methodologies as well as DevOps tools
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of Guidewire Claimcenter and the out of the box software functionality
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Worker Compensation Lines
- Skilled with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket or equivalent tool
- Experience with the full SDLC, including the end-to-end test cycle and agile/iterative development and delivery
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”