Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an HSE Lead for a 6 month contract (with the potential for extension) located out of Lloydminster. This role is based on a 6 & 1 schedule working 12 hours per day. A truck allowance and communications package will be provided.
What value do you bring?
In this role you will be responsible for developing and facilitating the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices, and provide in-field coaching and training to Midstream Major Projects and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices.
What will you do?
- HSE Advisor oversight and consistency between projects.
- Support the RFP HSE bid submission review and evaluations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in accordance with the following.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in accordance with the following:
- Compliance with HOIMS elements to create a safe and secure place to work.
- Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments.
- Ensure that H&S systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied consistently across teams throughout the organization.
- Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements.
- Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
- Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes.
- Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate H&S risk to the organization.
- Participate in all levels of risk analysis i.e.: JSA development, HAZOP.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics.
- Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
- Participate in periodic audits of organizations that provide employees and services to Operations Collaborate with training coordinators to establish and maintain a HS training program for Projects.
- Deliver training of selected training and guidance material ie: Control of Hazardous Energy, SafeWork Permitting to operations personnel.
- Become a subject matter expert, and perform regular data analysis to identify incident and injury trends for management discussion and action.
- Additionally, run regular reports to assess proper utilization of the system and become an additional resource to project team members who are required to report incidents or who are looking to extract information from the system.
- When necessary, lead, facilitate, or participate in incident investigations for Midstream Major Projects.
- Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
- Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to Midstream major projects personnel.
- Communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all employees and proactively develop and promote a strong safety culture.
- Participate in the contractor performance evaluation and ongoing Safety Management system audits and assessments.
- Support the transition of new contractors and liaise with contractors on site to support their success.
- Ensure contractors are compliant with policies, procedures and safe work practices
What do you need to succeed?
- Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety (minimum 2 Year Program).
- Health and Safety Canadian designation ie CSRP, CSP, NCSO.
- 50% minimum of resume that includes owner experience with oil and gas owner organization.
- Minimum of 7 years field experience in HSE supervisory role.
- Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations.
- Blend of HSE Operations, Facilities, Construction, D&C (field), and corporate (office) experience.
- Proven background in HSE Management System development and implementation.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Willing to work 6 &1 rotation schedule.
- Resides in Alberta.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- Confined Space – Entry.
- Fall Protection Training.
- Fit Testing.
- Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring.
- Ground Disturbance 101.
- H2S Alive.
- OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Nice to Haves
- 10 years of industry experience in a safety related role.
- 10 to 15 years of oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations.
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems.
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors).
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.