Our client is one of Canada’s largest, market leading integrated oil companies. Due to an expansion of their Western Canadian business, they have an immediate need for a Construction Site Representative to work with their team on a 6 and 1 rotational basis. This would be a contract role would be located in Lloydminster, Alberta.
The Construction Manager/Supervisor will coordinate and monitor Contractors' activities to ensure compliance with the Contract as relates to Scope, project standards, specifications and design drawings. You would represent our client to the contractors and provide direction and support to facilitate the safe and efficient execution of the work through out the site.
- Reports to the Construction Superintendent.
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment and overall site security.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient performance of all construction activities, in compliance with construction contracts, specifications, IFC drawings and for completion of all works within the budget and schedule constraints.
- Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day site activities, including coordinating with CMT, construction contractors and Operations.
- Attending construction progress meetings.
- Reporting construction progress on a regular basis and any issues / constraints that may impact construction activities, safety, construction costs and construction schedule.
- Reviews and makes final recommendations to the Project Manager for change requests and RFIs and submits these requests to the Project Manager for review prior to giving site approval.
- Responsible for the inventory and management of free-issue material.
- Responsible for overseeing overall field quality control and Health and Safety activities and for compliance with project / site Quality Control and Health and Safety procedures.
- Responsible for attending and reviewing incident investigations, including HSE related violations.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma This requirement is non-negotiable
- PEng/ CET
- Supervisory experience in heavy industrial construction (minimum 10+ years)
- Project Management experience in industrial projects
- Experience with remote worksites in the resource extraction industry
- Oil and Gas Operations, heavy industrial Owner organization experience SAGD projects, pipeline construction, engineering
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word etc.)
- Estimating and Scheduling programs (Timberline, Primavera etc.)
- NDE Processes (Welding RT/UT)
- General knowledge of common codes and standards (B33.1/CSA Z662/ABSA)
- General knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME/Electrical Code/National Building Code/OH&S)
- Industry Specific safety training (H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance, CSTS etc.)
- Driver's License
- Must be willing to work schedule 6&1
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors)
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Ian Martin Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.