Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company in New York? They are currently looking for an “Project Manager” to support their facility in Syracuse, NY. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of the NY Electric Complex Capital Projects to ensure they are developed in a least cost, fit for purpose manner in order to improve long term project robustness, requirements, costs and timescales.
- Ensure NY Electric projects adhere to the Complex Capital Delivery process for the timely creation and approval of the Project Execution Plan which includes preliminary engineering, baseline schedule, detailed cost estimate, risk profile and resource strategy.
- Assemble cross functional project team to establish development and design requirements, milestones and affordability ceilings while driving adherence of the frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and reporting necessary to drive an efficient and effective approach to project development that optimizes the success of NY Electric capital project delivery.
- Facilitate and encourage the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to improve the delivery of NY Electric capital projects safely, on time, and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- 7+ year experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility natural gas construction operations. Master’s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with a Professional Engineers license and/or Certified Project Management Professional.
- Considerable proven experience in direct project development and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of electrical system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, metric/measurement driven.
- Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members can discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Strong skills in Electrical engineering design, project management, stakeholder engagement, presentation, construction management, interpersonal, oral & written communication, critical analysis and capable of leading and influencing teams, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.