Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an Equipment Inventory Field Technician for a 12 month contract (with possibility for extension) located in Calgary with the option of being located in Edson, Grande Prairie, and the Rainbow Lake areas. Location allowance will be provided for travel done outside of the home location. The schedule for this role is tentatively 10 on and 10 off.
The Operational Integrity group is currently seeking support for a one year project that involves a full equipment inventory audit and assessment for Western Canada. Reporting to the Manager of Document Management and Inventory Control, this role will require clear communication and strong collaboration with Maintenance, Operational staff, Project teams, and Asset Retirement to name a few.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete a full equipment inventory audit for Western Canada.
- Frequent field visits capturing equipment information and location.
- Validate current information within SAP (SEIM).
- Capture details on any missing equipment.
- Lead the cleansing of master data from standard development.
- Data mining job books, MDRs.
- Gather additional information based off inventory needs.
- Other tasks to support the business as required.
- At least 10 years operational and/or technical background within oil and gas operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of asset classes, characteristics and processes.
- SAP Plant Maintenance proficiency in relation to equipment inventory.
- A valid class 5 Drivers License and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Safety Tickets:
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Confined Spaces
- Independent and self-motivated with strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office.
Nice to Haves
- Some post-secondary education in a related field.
- A background in instrumental electrical/trades/mechanical field.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.