Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Construction Manager in Reading, PA
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, Finance, Construction Management or a closely related degree; Advanced degree is a plus;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in project organization with a background pursuant to the responsibilities for this job description;
- Strong project management skills are required with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage and control multiple tasks;
- Must be able to interpret and understand contractual documentation and terms;
- Must have experience reading, interpreting and understanding facilities architectural and engineering drawings. Detailed project controls experience is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project);
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Primavera, MS Project, etc., with related Scheduling/Resource Planning expertise is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical ability are required;
- Successful candidate must be a team player and possess a willingness to work in a team environment with an ability to work cross functionally
- Oversee all aspects of the project management life cycle for planning, design, bidding, awarding and construction of capital and O&M construction projects throughout real estate portfolio.
- This includes performing detailed facility assessment and studies.
- Projects entail an array of facility and infrastructure categories including offices, service centers, data centers, warehouses, emergency operating facilities, and transmission dispatch and regional dispatch facilities.
- Identify and manage project requirements, detailed engineering packages and performance specifications.
- Establish, manage and meet construction budgets, cash flows and schedules, communicate project goals
- Manage regulatory requirements, update facility database, communicate priorities and decisions to stakeholders and leadership
- Ensure proper change management and application integration activities are included in project plans; develop and maintain corporate design standards;
- Develop project documentation and perform reviews for clarity and completeness – examples include programming and scoping documents, performance specifications, project plans, safety protocols and guidelines, contracts, equipment and constructions bid packages, requisitions, bills of material or material requests for issue, task authorizations, and engineering work requests.
- Review project and contract budgets for adequacy, completeness, and other requirements and assure that required budgets exist and project budget revisions are initiated if required.
- Ensure adequacy of project team membership and participation. Is responsible for overseeing the activities of consultants and contractors.
- Manage project to ensure the planned tasks are completed and oversee day-to-day project activities, including, conducting periodic site walk throughs appropriate for the project with necessary contractor and/or consultant personnel.
- Ensure project close-out and lessons-learned reviews are completed.
- Provide floor plan drafting utilizing design software, such as AutoCAD, including space planning options per project, creation of construction documents and finish schedules, including but not limited to, employee relocation and furniture installation plans for contractors, as required and using industry standard methodologies and tools
- Partner with internal business units for work and move requests.
- Take responsibility for the quality assurance and control of assigned projects, including identification of quality requirements, responsibility for agreed upon quality assurance program and if required, oversee the review and approval process for contractor provided procedures.
- Prepare and present project status reports for management. This entails recurring, standard reports and ad hoc reports that address status of scope, budget and schedule that identify risks and issues, and outlines mitigation strategies and identify issues requiring management involvement for resolution;
- Perform project analytics and planning on behalf of the Administrative Services department;
- Embrace a safe work environment and support a workplace of respect, appreciation and acceptance for everyone;
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner; Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required;
- Serve as a liaison between internal teams including, but not limited to Real Estate, IT, Corporate Security, Business Services, Mail Services, Facility Operations and OpCos;
- Support a safe work environment and supports a work-place of respect, appreciation and acceptance for everyone;
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.