Our Oil and Gas Midstream client is looking for a Sr. Legal Counsel/Lawyer for their office in Downtown Calgary.
This position is responsible for providing legal support and services to internal client groups in Treasury, Tax, Financial Reporting, Corporate Development etc., as prioritized and assigned by the Associate General Counsel. The primary role will be to provide legal support with respect to transactional due diligence, documentation and execution, including intercompany transactions; treasury matters; public disclosure and related documents; subsidiary management and other corporate secretarial and governance matters.
- Undertake transactional due diligence, and support the negotiation and documentation of corporate transactions
- Provide legal support to our client's Treasury and Tax groups regarding finance-related matters, including complex intercompany financings, capital contributions/distributions and corporate reorganizations
- Assist with securities law compliance, including the preparation of continuous disclosure documents
- Support Board of Directors meetings and assist with governance matters relating to our client's subsidiaries and affiliates
- Provide legal support and advice on a variety of day-to-day corporate and securities matters
- Law Society of Alberta, Minimum 3 years relevant experience since called to the Bar
- Corporate, securities and finance law experience gained at a major Canadian law firm and in-house
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and meet multiple deadlines in a potentially stressful environment
- Ability to review and analyze complex legal/business issues
- Strong planning, scheduling, prioritizing and drafting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, but pragmatic in approach
- Strong work ethic
- Executive level oral and written communication skills
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.