Our Oil and Gas Midstream client is looking for a Health and Safety Data Analyst for their office in Downtown Calgary.
- Working within the scope of occupational safety, this role is the primary point of contact for analytical and performance measurement data and for health & safety reporting. Trends, correlations, and learnings from analytic exercises are developed and delivered to stakeholders through best-in-class reports and presentations comprised of effective and compelling visuals and commentary.
- This role also supports the Safety & Reliability department in the development and implementation of Health & Safety Programs.
Data collection, analysis and performance reporting
- On a reoccurring basis (e.g. monthly/quarterly/yearly) report on safety performance metrics and assess ongoing safety performance results to continually identify improvement opportunities and suggest corrective actions as required to achieve desired safety goals and objectives.
- Create, maintain and update stakeholder scorecards, dashboards, reports, and presentations with trending and analytical comparisons;creating and integrating data, tables, graphs and interpretive commentary for internal and external use. Communicates information both written and verbal (e.g. presentations) and relays fact and analysis to varied levels of management and non-technical audiences.
- Collect and manage stakeholder and system safety data (incident data, hours, mileage, etc.) and ensure tracability and auditability. Identify, investigate and resolve quality issues found within data.
- Analyze incident and hazard management data captured within incident reporting and hazard assessment tools.
- Interact with Health & Safety Advisors to coach and assist in event and hazard reporting, categorization and risk/severity ranking and to ensure events are appropriately documented, investigations completed and corrective actions tracked.
- Coordinate program/practice reviews (and updates) and regulatory reviews.
- Participate in the development of the annual health & safety plan and measurement of the plan.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. organize and facilitate discussions, working sessions )including field operations and other corporate teams to support corporate performance, integrated management system activities, and the resolution of identified health & safety management issues.
- A member of a centralized reporting and metrics team within the Safety Shared Services department supporting internal departments and leaders in Canada and the US.
- Frequent collaboration and support with teams and individuals within the Safety & Reliability department
- Frequent interactions and exchanges with safety advisors, managers, senior leaders and occasionally executives within GTM, Liquids Pipelines and Projects in Canada and the US
- An undergraduate degree/Diploma or certification in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 4-7 or more years’ experience in a reporting and analytics capacity, analyzing data, data mining and producing high-quality data driven deliverables. Experience in KPI development, trending, benchmarking and statistical analysis.
- Advanced to expert experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g. charting & graphing, formulas/functions, macros) and data management applications.
- Skills and experience with Power BI and/or other visualization tools. Knowledge and experience with business intelligence tools/relational database applications.
- Strong skills in all other MS office products, including PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills in database querying and reporting. Skilled in taking raw data from multiple sources and producing accurate and meaningful reports to support/inform decision-making.
- Must have a high degree of critical thinking, to select the most appropriate input data, modeling method, variables, and techniques.
- Take responsibility for varied assignments and work independently; effectively managing time, approaches to problems, and multiple work priorities.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in resolving problems, identifying opportunities and anticipating the needs and concerns of stakeholders.
- Able to provide guidance and/or coordination to other members of the team.
- Work is reviewed for soundness but primarily accepted as accurate and feasible without technical review.
- Communications are both written and verbal (e.g. presentations) and involves the relay of detailed facts and analysis concepts to all levels of management and non-technical audiences.
- Formal post-secondary education in occupational health and safety (degree, diploma, certificate)
- Experience in occupational safety and pipeline/oilfield operations and construction.
- Public speaking and group/meeting facilitation skills
- Office environment requiring extensive work at a computer, telephone, and online.
- Flexibility required for occasionally working extra hours necessary to maintain schedules and address stakeholder health and safety needs.
- Periodic scheduled travel as required within Canada and the US. Travel will be minimal.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.