Our oil and gas midstream client is looking for a Sr. Cost Control Engineer for supporting the development of a multi-billion dollar project portfolio. This involves the use of cost engineering best practices and processes critical for estimating of Major Projects.
- Prepare all facets of an estimate including contingencies, escalations, cash flows and benchmarks to support Project Development efforts.
- Prepare multiple estimates simultaneously through the standardized internal estimating process.
- Support and present estimates to internal management.
- Support various cost engineering reports and special studies using scientific principles and techniques, while ensuring the quality of inputs and outputs.
- Perform routine cost analysis and other cost related evaluations.
- Provide support and input for Cost Estimating Model updates due to standard changes, industry practices, recent project experience, etc. as required.
- Liaise with other departments including supply chain, cost control, and area managers to ensure effective and accurate cost information is being used in the estimates.
- Focus is on independently achieving general objectives in support of an assigned area of the enterprise.
- Works independently on varied assignments requiring a broad and/or specialized knowledge of engineering disciplines and the inter-related effects of the work on other areas of the project cycle/enterprise.
- Decision making is guided by applying standard procedures, may make modifications of procedures or use methods developed in previous assignments.
- Recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgement but are usually accepted as technically accurate and feasible. Atypical or specialized problems may be referred to senior technical staff.
- The impact of the work is typically limited in dollar value.
- Close working relationships with other members of the Cost Engineering team, Project Development leads and project execution teams across Major Projects.
- Verbal and written communication typically consists of the collection and relay of technical information and analysis of project cost information in additional to preparation of results in the form of formal reports and presentations.
- Need to maintain a high level of communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computing skills including proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making within scope of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to work with people at all levels across the company.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy.
- Engineering degree with 4 or more years of industry experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with cost estimating or project controls backgrounds.
- Strong ability/desire to demonstrate leadership and take initiative.
- Facilitation skills (strong or desire to develop further).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.