Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Data Developer & Analyst to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Nepean, Ontario, Canada
The Data Developer & Analyst will work in a cross functional team of application developers, business analysts and data architects to build data sets sourced from various systems to support several concurrent agile application development teams.
More specifically, the Data Loader will be working as part of SCRUM Teams that are re-developing applications using the Mendix Platform. The data loaders will be involved in producing data to support all phases of testing of the new application by building import and export scripts to load data from the old legacy database to the new Mendix database. It is important to note that the 2 data models are different.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 or more years of solid and exceptional data and software development experience in transactional or reporting/analytical environments on cross functional teams.
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills – can effectively understand and describe the problems being solved and means by which they will be solved: verbally, written, and visually.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Works collaboratively and autonomously.
- Resourceful, tenacious and resilient
- Strong SQL development skills – knows how to write efficient SQL.
- Procedural SQL (P/SQL T-SQL, etc.)
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of RDBMS concepts & approaches to troubleshooting query performance concerns (indexing/explain plans/etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in developing data pipelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Demonstrates proficiency in one or more data integration tools (asset)
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.