Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Java Developer Intermediate to support the team.
Duration: 3 months
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in java development.
- 3 years of experience with NoSQL databases (CouchDB, MongoDB)
- 2 years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture or Micro-Services (APIs and SDKs)
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience in OOP and design patterns.
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Tomcat, Nginx, Nexus.
- Experience with Docker, Gitlab, RabbitMQ, Redis.
- Agile methodology, Scrum.
- Autonomy and an ability to learn are critical to being part of the team.
- Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful, pays attention to detail and is proactive.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good sense of humour.
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/account abilities.
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new data driven Web Services interfacing with Roku's In-App Purchase APIs.
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of existing Web Services.
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements.
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks.
- Work with the infrastructure team to find innovative solutions and deliver value.
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.