Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for an Environment Manager Intermediate to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: St London, Ontario, Canada
Job Duties/Account abilities:
Lead non production software delivery environment management including code merges, system integration, capacity assessments, OSDB support and, technical testing. Identify opportunities to harden the environments and automate processes. Duties will be concentrated around Field Services systems.
Key Account abilities include:
- Lead & enforce the code merging strategy across multiple development streams.
- Participate in releaseenvironment planning/
- Communicate and manage environment outages.
- Provide & enforce user access to servers and databases.
- Work with the Technical Advisors and vendor teams to ensure correct source system integration is available for releases.
- Troubleshoot and lead resolution of integration issues in complex environments
- Establish and supplement technical documentation, practice good knowledge-management hygiene
- Maintain and support internal tools used in the delivery process, such as Redmine, QAComplete etc.
- Monitor and support all servers and Databases within the environments. Both Windows and Linux, Oracle and MS SQL.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced / fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Quick learning
- Creativity and ingenuity
- French-English bilingualism a strong asset
Training and Education
- College degree, Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or similar
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of software development lifecycle – mandatory
- Solid understanding of hardware/hosting platforms, including virtualization and containerization – mandator
- Knowledge of Redhat OpenShift is an asset
- Software development experience (C#, Java) – preferred
- Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile-hybrid delivery models
- Understanding of DEVOPS.
- Good familiarity with network concepts as they relate to application design (Load balancing etc.)
- General understanding of IT standards relating to Telecom (TMForum ETOM, SID etc.) is an asset
Software & Languages:
- OS (Linux, Windows) – both mandatory
- AGILE/DEVOPS tools (Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.)
- OS Scripting languages(shell, batch)
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL – mandatory
- Microsoft SQL Server, Redis an asset
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams. Conference calls and video calls are routine, as is handling multiple parallel projects.
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto corridors with advance notification; travel depending on project needs (occasional only)
- Fast paced, changing working environment
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.