Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for a Project Engineer – Mechanical in Houston, TX
Looking for the following skills:
- Design machinery and production equipment. Design and analyze compressors, engines, pumps, heaters, fans, drilling equipment, pipelines, and rotating equipment.
- Engineering degree, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Requires 10+ years experience.
- Ensures that all compressor station faculties are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards
- Defines the scope, schedule and budget for the design and materials for compressor station facility projects
- Manages the execution of the design deliverable by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule
- Reviews and approves design deliverable for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example meters, equipment vessels, buildings, pipe, valves and fittings
- Leads the commissioning of newly installed compressor station facilities when required.
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs.
- Support department initiatives as required.
- To oversee the design for compressor station facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule.
- Liaison with other functional groups within Project Execution, Transmission and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverable.