Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Category Advisor to join their Upstream Procurement Team for a six (6) contract assignment. This would be based out of their Head Office location in downtown Calgary.
Reporting to the Manager – Exploration, Drilling and Completions, the incumbent in this position will develop and execute innovative, strategic sourcing strategies and contracts across the organization, primarily in support of Asset Retirement Obligations (ARO) programs. The incumbent in this portfolio will work with various Category Advisors who manage categories which impact the ARO programs, to ensure there are fit for purpose contracts in place for each ARO program. These categories include but are not limited to Environment Assessments, Rem/Recs, Drilling, Completions, Civil Construction, Earthworks, Facility Equipment Rentals, and Waste Management
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
A future leader and bridge builder, the incumbent must possess particularly strong collaboration and forward thinking skills which enables the incumbent to respond proactively to changing dynamics among key stakeholders and anticipating evolving demand within the primary customer base. S/he will be an effective communicator, adept at ensuring appropriate messaging of key corporate requirements, while also attune to the sensitivities and demands of the customer. S/he must be capable of leading and/or mentoring others in numerous departmental wide initiatives, delivering against tight timelines and challenging targets, while ensuring workload balance is satisfied on the teams. An ability to influence, and identify common ground solutions across departmental and business unit
The incumbent focus on high criticality categories that impact our client. Typically, s/he will be responsible for categories that are between $5MM to $100MM per category/project. S/he will be dealing with a multi-regional view and vendors that are multinationals. Support will be provided by the Category Advisor in strategy development, sourcing and award activities, but the primary accountability for delivery of the high criticality categories will reside with the Manager. This accountability will remain up to the point of contract award, at which time the Manager hands over the categories to the Category Advisor who will assume accountability for the management of supplier performance and relationship aspects. Working closely with the Business Units, suppliers and other stakeholders, s/he will be responsible for utilizing expertise in the areas of (1) Scope Segmentation (2) Demand Planning and Forecasting (3) Market Analysis, (4) Sourcing Options Selection (5) Tendering and Market Test (6) Negotiations and Contract Award (7) Supplier Performance Management (8) Materials Management and (9) Application of Best Practices and Lessons Learned to ensure sustainable value and mitigate risk in Supply Chain management, including achievement of value addition targets.
- Develop and execute enterprise wide category strategies by leading cross functional teams through category management process based on an agreed-upon category wave plan and other business strategies approved by management, that may or may not be part of the wave plan.
- Establish category delivery plans, cross functional teams with clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
- Lead the spend analysis and segmentation of categories based on spend and long term demand including any significant organization or market changes to jointly identify opportunities gaining business and management commitment through the development of business cases.
- Ensure category management processes are implemented and maintained from conception to close-out, in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS), the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Lead category or categories scorecard to measure performance and identify opportunities in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS) and the Governance and Enablement Group.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the approach to the supply market analyzing current and future market activities, trends and identifying sourcing opportunities within the category with support from the Category Business Analysts.
- Manage the development and approval of sourcing strategies, taking into consideration both strategic and tactical levers through the application of appropriate sourcing tools and optimizing supplier relationships within the categories.
- Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development and completion through the use of available technologies. Where appropriate utilize alternative sourcing methods, for example, reverse auctions.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts, focusing of realizing the performance expectations of the strategy while managing appropriate risk allocation, acceptable terms and conditions and correct schedule utilization Manage the evaluation of RFX responses against a set of pre-defined criteria, including management of cross functional stakeholder groups preparing recommendations for award of contract. Apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology/methodologies.
- Manage business stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve buy-in and support for establishing KPI targets, objectives and strategies.
- Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process and technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits.
- Manage overall transition from current strategy to the new strategy working with Category Specialists and stakeholders to manage risks and change over plans minimizing business impact.
- Ensure all SCM process, contracting documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within Supply Chain Management.
- Leverage industry expertise by representing our client on industry groups, both nationally and internationally.
- Provide mentoring and/or day-to-day direction to junior staff.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergrad degree in a Technical or Business discipline
- 5 to 7 years of Procurement Management, Supplier Relationship & Performance Management and/or Contract Management experience
- Commercial experience with projects? $50 million
- A background in oil and gas industry
- Direct experience in exploration, construction, drilling, completions, waste management, water management and logistics environments
- Previous experience with Segmentation and Team Selection, Supply Market Analysis, Sourcing Options Selection, Tendering and Market Tests
- Proven experience with negotiations and contract awards
- Strong Excel skills and solid skills with other Microsoft products
- Experience with Negotiation and Contract Award
- Experience with Supplier Performance Management
- Experience with Reporting of SCM Information
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Grad degree in business administration or supply chain
- Professional Supply Chain certification (CPP/CSCP/CPM/CPSM)
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills within a multi-task environment
- Strong negotiating skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.