Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Senior Learning & Development Lead to join their Commodity and Risk Management Team for an eight (8) month contract assignment. This would be based out of their Head Office location in downtown Calgary.
Our Calgary Energy Client has a contract role on our Downstream Commodity Risk Trading Management (CTRM) project (Symmetry). The goal of this project is to enhance their commodity trading and risk management capabilities within the Downstream business by implementing and integrating an industry leading CTRM application. This project will replace six major software applications and integrate with over a dozen other applications impacting in excess of 150 users in Canadian and US offices. The change impacts business processes, technology and organization/culture.
We are looking for an individual with proven training lead experience in learning & development, developing blended learning solutions to join our Change Management Team. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience with major technology implementation initiatives; experience with Allegro Horizon or other Commodity Trading and Risk Management software implementations is preferred.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively as part of a broader team that includes Senior Change Management Advisors, Project Business Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts from the business.
- Work with Senior OCM Advisors and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support the development and delivery of implementation-related training for the Project to ensure an integrated approach, including:
- Conduct learning needs assessments (LNA) to determine learning requirements.
- Determine the appropriate training material format based on LNA, Change Impact Assessment and discussions with business and project team.
- Determine and confirm role-based learning curriculum and course outlines.
- Facilitate meetings with SME and project team members to obtain content in an organized and efficient manner.
- Design and develop blended training solutions and materials, including and not limited to; hands on exercises and associated data, quick reference guides, Allegro e-Learning tools and online help documents.
- Plan and oversee training logistics, such as room bookings, computers, printing of course materials, etc.
- Support SMEs in delivering training, including troubleshooting and resolving issues during training.
- Assess achievement of training outcomes and recommend/develop remediation as required.
- Complete post-training activities; administer course evaluations, analyze and report results.
- Identify measures of success for training and incorporating the Programs measures of success.
- Incorporate key communication messages as developed by Change Management and Communications into training materials.
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years training lead for learning and development specific to a technology implementation (CTRM or Allegro preferred)
- Working knowledge of eLearning development tools
- Experience related to the delivery of training programs diverse groups and business requirements
- Experience developing, delivering and coordinating system-related training
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and Visio
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal communication and organizational skills; able to plan and manage a schedule
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured and fast paced environment
- Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Adult Learning certifications are an asset
- Knowledge of Midstream and Downstream oil and refined products business
- Knowledge of the Commodity Trading and Risk Management life cycle
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.