Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Training Analyst to join their Exploration and Production team for a twelve (12) month contract assignment. This would be based out of their Head Office location in downtown Calgary.
The Training Analyst provides business process and related technologies training and training support for stakeholders. This role collaborates with Business Leads, Business Process Analysts and Super Users to facilitate client skill training requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assess the training requirements of internal customers and assist the business to identify and deliver training sessions; evaluate learning effectiveness and implement changes as required
- Design and maintain a training program that aligns E&PS department's training in accordance with HOIMS Training and Competence Element requirements
- Steward the creation and sustainment of training materials and processes that support training for E&PS departments and applications
- Design, deliver and facilitate training courses and programs using a variety of learning methodologies and tools (eLearning, web based, computer based training and face-to-face)
- Establish an E&PS Super-User community; support business Subject Matter Experts and Super-Users to deliver and maintain training requirements
- Train and coach instructional designers, manual developers and instructors
- Audit existing training materials and report on alignment with the HOIMS Training and Competency Element requirements and standards
Must Have Skills:
- Certificate in Adult Education or related post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent combination of skills and experience that demonstrate training function management, instruction and the application of adult learning principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the following:
- Displaying strong computer skills with advanced abilities for Microsoft Office (Office 365) and Adobe Products
- Working in a training role in the Oil and Gas industry
- Proven expertise using emerging learning technologies (i.e. LMS, Mobile, Apps)
- Experience in the following areas:
- Instructor-led, eLearning, Computer Based and Web Based training platforms
- Course Design and Deliver
- Proficient using Adobe InDesign and Captivate
Nice to Have Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the following:
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience
- Proficient using any of the following software systems:
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Content Management and Learning Management Systems
- Wells and Land Applications – Peloton, CS Land, Appian (BPM), etc.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.