Do you want to work for one of the largest Utility company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for a "Financial Project Manager" to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Project Analyst is accountable to perform a wide range of functions which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with the development and production of periodic financial performance metrics on jurisdictional/portfolio spend and operational costs for inclusion in monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including relevant variance analysis and commentary on results.
- Coordinate with the IS Finance, Planning & Performance Management and US Program Delivery teams, acting as financial point of contact and assist with implementing value initiatives to help IS in developing the right metrics to measure its performance and to standardize processes & tools.
- Operationally facilitate the monthly forecasting process, ensuring completeness and adherence to process.
- Utilize historical financial data to assist with the development of project budget, resource and forecasting plans.
- Assist Program Delivery Managers/Project Managers with the development of monthly/fiscal year end accruals.
- Assist in ad-hoc reporting to support requests.
- Responsible for maintaining reports and performance documentation.
- Support Project Online
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate(s) will have the following knowledge and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree and more than 3+ years of related experience OR in lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience.
- Must have recent Project Analyst experience with a focus on Investment and Project/Portfolio Planning, and Forecasting, including operational resources and program costs.
- Working knowledge of Operating vs. Capital Expense (OPEX VS CAPEX) rules for internal software development
- Analysis of business performance and development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Knowledge of MS Project, and/or other Project Management software and demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Suite of products is a must.
- Experience in fact finding including knowledge and understanding of where to find and how to present relevant information.
- Experience with JIRA and Agile Craft.
- Proven IS business acumen.
- Experience in Process Improvement projects
- Proficiency in SharePoint 2010 or newer
- Handle multiple tasks and determine priorities in an ever-changing environment while remaining flexible/adaptable as priorities change.
- Work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently.
- Quickly grasp complex issues and effectively integrate, compile and analyses complex information and data.
- Problem solve by providing timely and accurate interpretation of analyses.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully, both orally and in writing.
- Prepare and conduct a quality presentation to large groups, all levels of leadership and key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Positively influence others and gain their cooperation.