- Etobicoke, Ontario
- Monday- Friday 8:30am -4:30pm
- 65,000/annual + depending on experience
- Full time permanent position
- Medical/ Dental Benefits, 5% matching RRSP and 3 weeks holiday to start
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable non-for-profit Plumbing and Heating Association with over 250 + industry members members. We have an immediate need for a Program Manager to come in and help build memberships that represent the industry nationally and regionally.
Reporting to the President of the company, we require you to bring your trade knowledge to the forefront while dealing with clients and government associations. You will bring a positive, upbeat attitude while heading two committees including organizing an upcoming conference in Ottawa.
What you’ll be doing:
- Grow influence on government policies and on industry codes and standards in co-operation with our industry partners.
- To provide industry education and career training opportunities.
- Provide meaningful management information and industry statistics.
- Positively promote the image of the industry through public relations and networking and encouraging the use of proven technologies and techniques.
- Encourage Canadian manufacturing of industry products for domestic and export markets.
Why this is the job for you:
- 2-5 years of experience working with councils and committees
- You are an analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to write reports, business plans and project plans
- Excellent communication skills including writing and presentation skills
- You are creative, flexible and able to respond effectively to a variety of situations
- Highly organized
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) professional designation
You are required to:
- Manage volunteer committees including working with committee chairs to set agendas, prepare minutes and provide follow-up
- Prepare budgets and manage financials for your committees and groups
- Communicate with the public, association members, bureaucrats and politicians
- Event management and planning
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.