Our market leading energy client is looking for a Business Analyst to join their team for a 1 year contract, located at their office in Calgary, Alberta.
The Business Process team is charged with driving improvements in Corporate Responsibility's business processes and systems to achieve strategic objectives and improve the client’s performance. In this role, you will implement improved business data analytics processes and provide technical solutions to support the business activities within the Corporate Responsibility (CR) department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support CR teams with their Data Analytics requirements, including access to specific CR databases & applications, development of reports & dashboards, and data quality control & error detection.
- Establish & support a CR department wide Spotfire environment, developing and providing access to reporting from department application data including Liability and other Asset Retirement activities, Environmental Air and Water emissions, Incidents and Spills and Acquisition/Divestiture support.
- Provide GIS mapping support to CR staff, using ArcGIS and Abadata tools, to create basic mapping deliverables related to business needs. Liaise with corporate GIS group to obtain more detailed mapping deliverables on behalf of CR business requirements.
- Conduct data investigation on behalf of business users to understand conditions that may require rectification or are required for specific business needs.
- Participate in CR/IS support activities related to software implementation and upgrades, data conversion, testing, implementation and post go-live support.
- Advocate with other departments on behalf of CR's data related interests, data management and participation in data quality work for improved department reporting.
- Act as CR's SME on IS project teams related to CR applications and their interfaces with other applications, which includes provisioning of documentation, attending meetings and testing within CR applications.
- Identify business process improvement opportunities to reduce work and improve efficiencies of data gathering, reporting and analysis.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, or Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience will be considered.
- A minimum 5 years' experience working in a business analyst role.
- A minimum 5 years' experience in a computer technical role with specific responsibility for accessing, combining and reporting data from network and database sources.
- A minimum 5 years' experience working in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge & experience with Spotfire, SQL, Databases.
- Experience with ArcGIS mapping tools.
- Strong inter-personal and indirect influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels.
- Excellent facilitation, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines and multiple demands.
- Superior organizational skills.
Nice to Haves
- University degree or college diploma in Geographic Information Systems.
- A Business Analyst Certificate (i.e. IIBA, CBAP).
- A minimum 3 years' experience of user acceptance testing of computer applications.
- Experience with Well, Facility, Land, Health, Safety & Environmental data management software solutions.
- Experience working in a Health, Safety, Environment role.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.