Our Energy client is looking for an IT Contracts Manager, who will be responsible for ensuring the execution of our client's Strategic Vendor Marketplace and Vendor Managed services strategy in collaboration with preferred suppliers and leads. The resource will be responsible for assisting the company's stakeholders in successfully sourcing, implementing new strategies and processes to exploit vendor delivered services. This role must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure effective delivery of committed services.
This role is a specialist position, reporting directly to the Manager, IT Vendor Management Office. The IT Execution Specialist will be accountable for developing new processes, templates, tools, and artifacts, executing sourcing initiatives of newly developed processes, working with project and service owners to optimize vendor delivered services and ensure the attainment of stabilization exit criteria as new processes are operationalized.
- Leadership and managerial duties
- Provide knowledge and drive ongoing value from the vendor through sourcing events, contract changes, reviews and contract implementation, always working in collaboration with service owners, project owners and the VMO.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including TIS operations service owners and project owners, Supply Chain Management, and Business Partners — to execute established practices for vendor interaction.
- Minimize and mitigate adverse risks (commercial, operational, legal, regulatory, etc.)
- Ensure compliance of vendor agreements to established vendor management practices (e.g., articulation of playbooks, service levels, deliverables, etc.).
- Operational duties
- Conduct operational duties in alignment with internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interaction, service owner execution and project delivery
- Leverage and support the maintenance/enhancement of tools for use in analytics and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards).
- Ensure the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on the vendor and performance, risk and relationships to key stakeholders and vendors.
- Lead collaborative sourcing initiatives, including pre-proposal (RFIs), RFP and post-award implementation where required.
- For vendor delivered project delivery, coach the project owner on approaches for achieving the required outcomes within time and budget, reducing or mitigating change orders.
- Work with the service management office to implement new service management approaches with vendors
- Support the sharing of knowledge, best practices and learning within the field of execution management
- Build and provide feedback within the team on any artifacts, including playbooks, collaborative sourcing templates, or any process documentation.
- Document the outcome of any pilots of new processes and in the case of stabilization of new processes, track exit criteria and drive execution to achieve the exit criteria.
- Seek out feedback on the performance of the vendor and services supplied.
- Contract Management
- Build and execute on RFP’s and Statements of Work
- Assist the vendor management office as required to provide feedback of vendor performance against contracts.
- Take guidance from the VMO on matters relating to contract compliance and implementation
- Relationship management
- Adhere to the established communication process with vendors, including what information should be communicated, when and by whom, to ensure that appropriate leverage is preserved.
- Performance management
- Manage the measurement and reporting of vendor performance, service owners and project owners, including the development of evaluation tools based on requirements, and the creation of scorecards and dashboards that will accurately present this data.
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate the performance of vendor services and project delivery are properly tied to business outcomes and bias-free and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear.
- Execute integration of vendors to deliver services in a cohesive and efficient manner.
- Identify and manage vendor risks that can lead to financial losses, business disruptions, and regulatory interventions.
- Manage service requests in alignment with the established approach to requesting new services.
- Support a range of initiatives and relationships varying in scope, complexity and criticality
- Independently and collaboratively deliver assigned initiatives, with guidance and direction from management as necessary.
- Carry out complex work, generally requiring medium to long term focus
- Develop processes and roll-out of enterprise technology vendor management to 1200 employees
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Ian Martin Group at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.