We have an immediate opening for a Computer Laboratory Technician on a 07 months assignment in Folsom, CA.
Experience in Debugging PC performance, boot, and operation issues. Candidate must be able to quickly identify the root cause and come up with several solutions to the problem. Debugging will not be limited to a single component. Issues can range from DRAM, CPU, UEFI, NVMe, SSD. Candidate must have broad knowledge of computer architecture.
- PC Benchmarking Role:
- Candidate must understand what benchmarking means
- Previous experience in benchmarking (All Bapco suites, 3DMark, Vantage, PCMark & Sysmark 2014/2018 and any other custom benchmarks some 3rd party may script up).
- Candidate will be expected to run benchmarks on over a dozen systems, collect, save, and compile the raw data.
- Candidate will present data to high ranking SW/HW architecture for analysis and further instructions on debug, experiments, tests, etc).
- Candidate must be aware of the quality of data he or she is collecting.
- Professionalism/Maturity is an absolute MUST.
- Demo PC Build
- Candidate will be expected to choose all the components, install all of the hardware and software, and prepare the system for public viewing (installing demo scripts in various languages, excellent cable management is expected, preparing desktop wall paper).
- Candidate will be expected to prepare multiple demo machines independently in a timely manner without costly errors.Windows experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- 5% (Minimal)Travel time to Santa Clara, Oregon
- Minimum Education required: HS Diploma or GED for US candidates plus work experience
- Previous experience in shipping Demo PCs overseas would be preferred (understanding of international shipping laws and customs restrictions would be helpful, all countries apply, as well as power requirements in each country).
- Experience in building water cooled, 3 card SLI/CrossFire, LED/Black light, overclocked, high end computer systems
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.