We are looking for a Telecommunications Planning Engineer who will be responsible for the planning of our clients’ Operational Telecommunications Networks and Systems.
The successful candidate will scope for cost effective, secure, scalable, compliant & reliable telecommunications solutions. The solutions may involve private radio networks & systems, fiber optic networks & systems, microwave networks & systems, smart grid communications networks, leased wired & wireless telecom services.
- Participate in telecom-driven capital projects
- Lead interdisciplinary technical teams through the optioneering process, develop project scopes, cost estimates and project schedules
- Coordinate, plan, update, and drive all telecom projects and related activities
- Capture & analyze current and evolving telecom requirements from internal and external stakeholders, keep up to date with telecom technologies and solutions, and keep up to date with regulations
- Provide planning and engineering services for radio, microwave, and fiber optic networks & systems to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Use strategic asset management techniques to prioritize assets and identify risks
- Develop informed, comprehensive technical asset plans for maintenance and capital investment in order to improve business performance in the medium (up to five years) and longer term (up to 15 years.)
- Recommend asset condition based capital projects to management and seek approval from external stakeholders
- Provide input for medium and long term capital budgetary planning
- Develop and implement processes, tools and documentation
- Support or lead development of technical policies relating to telecommunications assets
- Research new technologies, investigate implementation strategies, and drive the conceptual development of innovative projects/solutions.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering
- 6+ years experience a telecommunications engineering field
- Demonstrated negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences
- Familiarity with NPLS, Cyber Security, Network Operations, IP Networking, NERC Transmission Planning Standards, NPCC Criteria and ISO and State level Transmission Planning rules
- Ability to interpret results and recommendations from transmission asset engineering reports and transmission system analytical studies.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to prioritize work and be a team member on multiple projects at one time.
- Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response
- Knowledge of safety policy and potential hazards of the electrical transmission network
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.