Heavy Equipment Operator
- Job sites within Greater Toronto Area and the Golden Horseshoe
- 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday to Friday
- $24 to $34 per hour depending on experience
- Temporary to Permanent Position
- Full G License with Clean Driver’s Abstract
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a general contracting landscaping company that has extensive experience in the commercial landscape construction, civil works, infrastructure works and utilities. They are in immediate need of an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to run Excavator and Dozer on multiple sites across the Greater Toronto Area.
What you’ll be doing…
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain clear communication with those around you
- Attending and participating in daily toolbox meetings
- Performing site specific tasks as directed
Why this is the job for you…
- Able to start on a contract and eventually move into a permanent position once you have demonstrated your skills and experience
- You are experienced in trenching, sloping, site grading and bulk excavating
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience operating 4 -22-ton Excavator, skid steer and dozers
- Full G License with Clean Drivers Abstract
- Reliable transportation to and from site daily
- Have own PPE including Hard Hat, High Visibility Vest, Steel Toed Work Boots, Eye Protection
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.