We have a contract opportunity for a Planner/Scheduler for our electric utilities client located in Waltham, MA. The initial contract period will run for one year with a possible extension
- Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages (shutdowns), construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule
- Review substation design drawings and provide comments to engineering.
- Develop detailed construction sequence based on the design criteria and provide construction input to the design team in order to identify potential construction issues such as the need for temporary facilities.
- Provide input to engineering in order to identify potential areas to implement safety by design.
- Attend site meetings and participate with project team to evaluate different engineering solutions, construction strategies, and project delivery strategies in order to deliver the project safely and efficiently.
- Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
- Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency is demonstrated
- Review health and safety plans for each specific project, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment (PHA) for high hazard work practices.
- Demonstrate safety leadership during all site meetings and project discussions.
- 5+ years’ relevant years experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3+ years in the utility management
- Experience in substation construction with focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
- Ability to assess potential conflicts by reviewing construction drawings and provide solutions to the project team.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional role
- Analytical Thinking: Sees relationships between work plans, safety issues, constructability, and spend vs. efficiency reports identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.