Our client is one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for an Environmental Advisor to join their team in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This would be a one year contract position.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The function of the Environmental Advisor is to provide environmental support to the midstream or downstream businesses based in and around Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This individual will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Midstream Downstream Environmental Coordination, Lloydminster District and will provide technical and functional expertise for one or more of the manufacturing, terminal or upgrading facilities. This role will require the Environmental Advisor to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels
This is a highly collaborative team comprised of 7 individuals supporting the Lloydminster Midstream and Downstream Operations.
- Provide environmental expertise and support to an assigned business unit
- Supervise consulting firms tasked with completing ongoing monitoring programs
- Complete and submit monthly and annual reports
- Support operations during environmental upsets and responses
- Make presentations to stakeholder groups on plans and activities
- Provide strategic environmental advice to internal departments as part of project planning and operational processes
- Liaise with regulatory bodies
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Geosciences, Biology, Agrology
- Any of the following professional designations: P.Eng, P.Ag, P.Geol, P.Biol as accredited by either Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant environmental experience working in manufacturing, oil and gas industries
- Strong knowledge of Saskatchewan Environmental Code and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Practical experience performing soils and groundwater monitoring.
- Practical experience conducting air quality assessments.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Detailed understanding of Industry Practices
- Practical knowledge of oil and gas processing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with; regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multi-task processes.
- Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Ian Martin Group at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.